Bruno Mars brings his 24K Magic World Tour to Dublin this Thursday. He plays Marlay Park with support from DNCE, Sister Sledge and DJ Rashida.
Here's everything you need to know if you're heading along:
- Doors - 5:30pm
- DNCE - 6.15pm
- People are advised to use public transport and to plan their journey in advance. allowing an extra 2 hours travel time to and from the venue.
- There is limited parking available in Marlay Park.
- If you're driving from Dublin City Centre - you can make your way to the venue via Ranelagh, Clonskeagh, Goatstown, and Sandyford, Grange Road and then onto College Road for car parks.
- If you're approaching from M50- Exit the M50 at Junction 12 interchange, signposted R113 Knocklyon / Firhouse. Follow Scholarstown Road, Ballyboden Way, Taylors Lane, turn right onto Whitechurch Road and then left onto College Road. Entrance to the car parks is off College Road.
- Coach: You can book your return journey now here.
- Luas: The total journey time from Stephens Green Luas stop to the venue could be as quick as 25 - 30mins. The last Luas to Broombridge (via City Centre) is at 00:25hrs, while the last tram to Sandyford is at 00:45hrs.
- Shuttle Bus: A shuttle bus will operate between Dundrum Luas station and Stonemasons Way, near the festival entrance. The shuttle will depart Dundrum approximately every 30 minutes from 3pm until 6.30pm. Online price is €8 return or €10 return when purchased on the day. You can purchase tickets on the day from the bus stop outside Dundrum Luas stop. Return buses to Dundrum Luas from Marlay Park will depart from 22:30 until Midnight each evening and will leave on first come first serve basis. Click here for more details.
- Marathon City Centre Shuttle: The buses will depart from: Custom House Quay, Bus Stop in front of Custom House/ Return buses to Custom House Quay from Marlay Park will depart from 22:30 until Midnight each evening and will leave on first come first serve basis. Due to the nature of the travel please expect waiting time. You can book tickets here.
- Dublin Bus: A normal service will be operating. Luas will not be running additional services. See the full list of routes here. The promoter strongly recommends you plan alternative means of transport to and from the event.
- Check AA Roadwatch for reports on traffic.
- Pick Up Area: Attendees getting picked up by family and friends following the festival are advised that road closures are in place; our recommended collection point is at Supervalu on Ballinteer Avenue. Buses, including minibuses, will not be permitted to pick-up/drop-off at Supervalu or in the local area, but must use the College Road carpark instead.
- Taxis: A taxi pick up area will be facilitated at Our Lady’s National School on Ballinteer Avenue.
- Allow plenty of time for increased security checks at the venue.
- Only small bags measuring no bigger than A4 size (8.27in/21cm × 11.7/ 29.7cm) will be permitted. Do not bring a bag bigger than this as they will not be allowed into the event.
- There will be no cloakroom or storage facilities. Bags must not be left at entrances or surrounding areas. Any items left will be removed and disposed of accordingly.
- You will also be searched at the entrance to the event which may include a full body pat down and/or use of hand held metal detectors. Any item(s), which may reasonably be considered for use as a weapon, or which may cause danger or disruption to any other persons at the event, will be confiscated.
- Early queueing will not be facilitated at the venue. Concert goers who do turn up prior to gates opening will be turned away.
- There will be a strict no alcohol policy.
- Garden furniture, deckchairs, fold up chairs or shooting sticks, umbrellas, selfie sticks, flares/fireworks, laser pens, megaphone/air horns, aerosols, spray cans, smoke & gas canisters, nitrous oxide & any associated equipment, glass, drones, Chinese lanterns, sound systems, unofficial tabards/high viz.
- Illegal/unidentifiable substances, “legal highs, herbal highs or NoS.
- Anything that can be perceived as a weapon or which could cause danger or disruption to any other persons at the event.
- Professional cameras with a detachable lens, recording equipment, Go Pro’s.
- Catering and bar facilities are available inside the venue. No alcohol or drinks are permitted to be brought into the venue with the exception of water and soft drinks in sealed plastic bottles up to 500ml.
- Animals with the exception of guide dogs.
- Excessive amounts of cigarettes.
- No unaccompanied under 16’s are allowed on site. All under 16’s require a ticket to the event and must be accompanied by a ticket holding adult, parent or guardian over 25. Note you may be asked to prove your age with photo ID or you will be refused admission.
- Bars at the venue will operate a Challenge 21 policy.
According to Met Eireann, it will be mainly dry today, with sunny and cloudy periods. An isolated light shower is possible in the late afternoon or evening. Highest temperatures of 20 to 21 degrees.
Enjoy the gig!