Ever wondered which biscuits and chocolates Irish people enjoy most during the festive season?
Aldi has released figures from a recent survey revealing that tins and tubs of chocolates are a firm favourite in Irish households each Christmas. It comes as no surprise that Cadbury Roses raced home to victory as the favourite amongst Irish householders, with 43% of the overall vote.
We are a nation of biscuit lovers, and the people have responded - Jacob’s Chocolate Kimberley was the winner with 38% of the vote.
Fudge, caramel and orange flavours were the most argued over sweets amongst families when it comes to the ones that everyone wants, with coffee, dark chocolate, Turkish delight and strawberry cremes being named as the chocolates that are always left behind!
The brands most associated with Christmas in homes across Ireland are - Cadbury Roses, Jacob’s Chocolate Kimberley, Quality Street, Coca Cola and Guinness.
The most popular biscuit brands are:
- Jacob’s Chocolate Kimberley – 38%
- Fox’s Biscuits – 15%
- Cadbury Chocolate Assortment – 10%
- McVitie’s Chocolate Digestives – 9%
- Jacob’s USA Biscuits – 8% and Shortbread – 8%
- Afternoon Tea – 5%
- Chocolate Hobnobs - 2%
- Snowballs (1%), Custard Cremes (1%), Pink Wafer (1%), Viscounts (1%) and Victoria Biscuits (1%)
The most popular chocolate brands are:
- Cadbury Roses – 43%
- Quality Street – 18%
- Celebrations – 12%
- Cadbury Heroes – 8%
- After Eights – 5%
- Lindt – 3% and Ferrero Rocher – 3%
- Butlers (2%), Black Magic (2%), Terry’s Chocolate Orange (2%), Milk Tray (1%)
- Dairy Box – 1%
Aldi is stocking a wide range of all of the favourite food, drink and confectionery brands you love this festive season!
The supermarket giant will have everything from Cadbury Roses to Celebrations available in store until December 2nd.