Dublin's newest bar and restaurant is opening its doors this evening. Located on Aungier Street, The Lucky Duck is described as "a protected structure of architectural, historical and archaeological significance".
The original building has been vacant for over 20 years. It was plotted in 1756 as part of the Aungier Estate, owned by the esteemed Francis Aungier, Earl of Longford. Today’s Victorian red brick building dates from 1837.
After a year of careful restoration by PressUp (the guys behind Sophie's, Roberta's and Angelina's), the building has been transformed into a bar and restaurant - offering pints, cocktails and fresh, seasonal and modern food.
Take a look inside...
Entering the Ground Floor, through the original entrance columns, you will be welcomed into a traditional Victorian style pub, complete with a large and light filled snug to the front, a long, copper-topped antique bar, and a terrace area to the rear.
The Ground Floor Pub is open from 12 noon seven days a week and serves golden, melty toasties.
The three floors above share a completely different aesthetic, think exquisite and luxurious decor, yet cosy and relaxing.
With a rich palette of colours, velvet banquette seating, fabulous light fixtures and amazing views up Aungier St through big sash windows, it’s a perfect spot to relax and watch the world go by.
The Reilly Room, on the first floor, is an intimate room at the front of the building, complete with a small cocktail bar and an open fire.
The three upper floors will be open from 5pm seven days a week.
The cocktail menu, created under the expertise of Paddy Noir, is centred on great produce, bold flavours, and simplicity.
Food takes centre stage across the three upstairs floors, with a menu of quality, seasonal ingredients. Head Chef Stephen Ryan celebrates traditional Irish fare with a modern twist.
In the course of the restoration, some fantastic objects and features have been uncovered, and retained, from the entrance columns to the brickwork to the hidden shopfront.
The Lucky Duck is located at 43 Aungier Street and opens this Friday, April 27th at 5pm.