The countdown is on to Easter Sunday and there's one thing on all of our minds - chocolate.
The Creme Egg has long been an Easter favourite. And if you've ever wished you could buy a Creme Egg Easter egg filled with Creme Egg goo, you're in luck thanks to Chef Ben Churchill aka The Food Illusionist.
- Easter Egg mould
- 400g of good quality chocolate (at least 60% cocoa solids)
- 1kg icing sugar
- Piping Bag
- Orange food colouring
- Melt chocolate slowly. Do not over heat.
- Pour chocolate in the moulds, swirl around and allow to drip out.
- Place the moulds in the fridge to chill
- Repeat step 2 & 3 to thicken the chocolate.
- Take 1kg icing sugar and add water a tablespoon at a time until all dissolved but really thick.
- Take 80 percent of it and divide into the 2 egg halves using a piping bag.
- Add orange food colour to the remaining 20 percent until it's the right shade of orange.
- Pour in to the egg halves to create the 'yolk'.
- Freeze for 15 mins then stick the egg together with melted chocolate.